Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting ready for the Fam!

Steve's family is coming into town tomorrow, and we're so excited! I hope all 5 of them are ready to share our 2 bedroom condo for the weekend! haha The boys are all going to some football games (BYU in Dallas & UT in Austin) that they are super excited about, and us gals are gonna hit the shopping and movie theatres!

Steve and I bought our first place in July in North Austin, and we just love it! Its a lot of stress being a home owner, but its super rewarding. All those months living with the parents finally paid off! :)

Steve was just called to be the 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum! We're excited about that, he's a bit nervous because he has never had a calling quite like this one, but I know he'll do great. We are also ward missionaries which is just amazing. Its so great meeting with investigators and watching their testimonies grow. We love our ward!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay im so excited that you have started you first blog! im a proud mamma! lol! well i hope that we get to come see your cute little condo soon! we just love you two! when they called steve to be the 2nd counceler did they say...but only if you stop being friends with tyson gardner...he is a bad influence! lol well we miss you guys lots and i hope to see you soon...in texas!

Annie said...

Oh my freaking Amy Shumway! Where have you been all my life? What are you and Steven up to these days? I was just thinking about you the other day!!

Joey and Lauren Toone said...

Hey!!! I am so glad that you wrote me! I was just asking Steph about you the other day!! You made it back to Texas!! Yay for you guys :) You sound like you are doing so great!! I am really happy for you! I am glad that we can keep in touch better now :) Being a mom is so fun...he is such a good baby!! Remember when I told you I was going to be a teacher and you said.... why...you hate kids...hahah!! Oh good times..Well I need to know what you guys have been up to the last year or so...and what you guys are doing in Texas... Congrats on the house :)