Thursday, April 25, 2013

SLC Marathon

Last year I ran the full marathon which will probably be one of my biggest feats ever. After losing all my toenails and being unable to walk for a week, I opted for the 1/2 this year. We made it a family affair this year, I was sooo proud of everyone! This was Val, Anna & Steve's first race. Although it was FREEZING and pouring rain the entire time, it was SO much fun! I absolutely loved it. I'll be running it again next year- SLC does such a great job with their trails and there is always so much support running through the neighborhoods, having residents cheer on the runners the entire way.  This was the first marathon in the US since the Boston marathon bombings. There were a few moments of silence before and after the SLC run for those lives that were lost in Boston. Its such a unique, positive experience being among thousands of runners. Warning, picture overload ahead!

 We drove to the trax station at 5:15am, parked our cars & rode the trax to the start of the race. There were supporters there passing out Boston Tshirts to the runners.

 "I run for BOSTON"

 The trax was packed, a fun early ride!

Wearing green to support Boston!

Just about to cross the finish line! I would have liked to finish in 2 hours, 10 minutes. I finished in 2 & 1/2 hours.

Steve, finishing up.
 Way to go, Kyle!

Val & Anna- These sisters stuck together the whole race, so sweet!

Dalton was the only one who ran the full, he said he was hating life and will never run again. Haha, well at least he had an amazing time! 4 hours, 2 mintes



 Thawing out in the car

Val, Anna, Kyle, me, Steve & Dalton
Post race











No comments: