Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Happy Holiday

We spent Christmas eve & morning with my family here in Austin, and then at about 2:00pm started our long drive up to Utah. We drove the 24 hours straight through. (Steve is awesome- he drove 12 hours, then I took over for 3, then he took back over when the bad snow storm hit, then took us all the way to his parents house in Pleasant Grove.)



We had a great time just being lazy around the house, watching movies & playing games with Steve's family. It was nice just to sit and do nothing for a while! There was so much family to see and visit with. Sometimes its really hard not being able to be closer to everyone, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot.




Tim & Brittney had their baby right before we got there! Conner is so precious, I'm glad we got to see him!



We also saw Tyson & Ashley, and spent a day with them. They are so nice to reserve time for us!



My cousin AJ also got married while we were there. That was so great to be able to be a part of his special day. My family drove up for his wedding too.



3 comments:

Annie said...

Cute Merry Christmas! Congrats to AJ!! I forgot you were cousins. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

it was so good to see you guys! im sad that we didnt get to see you again before you left! i miss you already!

Annie said...

Dear Mrs. Shumway,
I made my blog private... send me an email so I can invite you.
annie_sabey@yahoo.com

Ps. what part of Texas do you live?