Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving, new countertops & new hair!

Steve came to me a few days before Thanksgiving and had this great idea to tile our countertops. I went along with it, not thinking that he would actually do it, but then the next day, we were at Home Depot choosing our tile! I was still hesitant, Steve has never tiled anything before, I think he may have helped his uncle once years ago. We bought all our tile and all the other stuff you need. We were going to start the day after Thanksgiving since we had all weekend off work. Thanksgiving was at our house this year for the first time. I was in charge of the turkey but since I had never done a turkey before, I decided to do Cornish game hens instead. They turned out so good!! Each person got their own baby turkey that they got to carve themselves, so cute. I even stuffed each one! Am I domestic or what! We had my family over, it was lots of fun with yummy food.




Friday morning, Steve got up early to start on our counters. I didnt get any before pictures, but it was just the normal ugly cream colored laminate that they had on all the counters in the mid 80s. You can kind of see how they looked in this first picture. Here are the progressive pictures with Steve hard at work.









Arent they beautiful?? I love them, and I love Steve for doing them! He did such a great job, I am really impressed. Thanks lovey, they are great!



I never did like my flat bob as you can tell from my earlier post, but then I came across this fabulous picture of a razored bob on Kimberly Caldwell. She is so cute, and I love her hair even more. I have gone to 2 different stylists to try and achieve this cut, and am still working on finding the right way to style it. I have never had this short of hair and I was really nervous, but I do like it! :) I may need a few more razored layers...





2 comments:

missy said...

I like the counters amy...and the hair!! Oh and good for you with the turkey...i mean hens.

Loren & Brody said...

Way to go Steve-O on the counters! They really do look great!! Amos, cute hair..I almost didn't recognize you. See you in a few weeks!!